Have you been considering becoming a foster carer in the Midlands? Fostering is a challenging and rewarding job that really makes a difference. There are countless individuals, couples and families that have thought about fostering for years, but many never take any further action. If you want to help give a child a better life in 2018 why not begin by taking a simple step forward?
Researching into Fostering
You’ve thought about becoming a foster carer now it’s time to do your research. There are plenty of different options available to you. We are an independent foster agency in Worcestershire, there are others along with local authorities that you can choose to sign up with. We recommend doing as much research into all the different agencies and your local authority to find the right match for you. Look at websites, read their literature and get in touch to find out more.
We welcome all kinds of enquiries via email, directly through our website or over the phone. We don’t expect anything from you and our friendly team will supply you with all the information you require to help you make the right decision for you and your family.
What to Research
There are several types of fostering services. Here are a few tips on the type of information to use to help you decide if you’d like to start the journey into becoming a foster carer.
- Ask for information packs and for information about the application process
- Ask about the type of foster carers they are looking for – some agencies want carers for babies, others need carers for teenagers, siblings or children with disabilities and so on.
- Is support given to the foster carers and how is that support delivered?
- How much training is provided or required?
- What do the other foster carers say about the LA or independent agencies in your area
- Allowances and fees – will financial factors make it impossible to foster?
- Do they have a presence on social media?
We’re an independent fostering agency based in Worcestershire. We are currently recruiting new foster carers and families across the West Midlands. Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about us and our foster carers.