We live in a democracy and Foster Carers have the same freedom to choose who they work with as the rest of society. Foster carers have a right to change agencies. This right is enshrined within the Fostering Network ‘Protocol for The Transfer of foster carers between Agencies’ document, which has been adopted as the accepted process for managing the transfer of foster carers who wish to transfer another agency.
- Contact us and we will discuss your plans to move. We have experienced a number of carers transferring to us from other agencies and this has worked out well for all those involved.
- We offer you the opportunity to speak with foster carers who already work with us.
- If you decide to transfer to Foundation Fostering after exploring other agencies, we delay contacting your current agency until you have had the chance to talk with relevant staff and managers about your plans.
- We meet with your current agency and the social workers of any children in placement to discuss and agree transfer arrangements (Fostering Network Protocol) – including the timing of your proposed move and how to manage the transfer so that any children in placement are not disrupted or distressed by the change in agency arrangements.
- A Foundation Fostering social worker will visit you to produce a new Form F Assessment and supporting documentation.
- We agree with you and your current fostering provider the date at which we will present your assessment to our fostering panel. This will ensure all parties are aware of the date your current approval will end and when you may be approved by Foundation Fostering
- We confirm with you, and the social workers of any children in placement that the transfer is now complete.
We understand that transferring can seem a daunting process, please do give us a call, in confidence and we can talk you through the process.
Make an enquiry
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us a message below. We aim to reply within 24 hours.
0345 222 1007
Acorn Business Centre, Roberts End, Hanley Swan, Worcestershire, WR8 0DN